Steven H. Bernstein, M.D.
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon - Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Dr. Bernstein is a 1995 graduate of Brown University Medical School. After finishing his Orthopaedic residency at
the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, he completed an Orthopaedic sports medicine fellowship at Washington
University where he was assistant team physician for the St. Louis Rams, Blues, and Cardinals. He maintains his
affiliation with the St. Louis Cardinals and travels to Jupiter, Florida to provide medical coverage for
the team during spring training.
Dr. Bernstein came out of his fellowship in 2001 and practiced for three years in Silver Spring, Maryland. He moved to Chevy Chase to join Summit Orthopedics in August, 2004. Dr. Bernstein practices general orthopedic surgery with a focus on sports related injury. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery involving the knee, shoulder, and ankle. He has particular interest in shoulder instability, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, cartilage injury, patellar instability, and meniscal repair.
Dr. Bernstein was born in St. Louis. Missouri. He currently resides in Chevy Chase, Maryland with his wife Carolyn and their three sons, Henry, Jack, and Will. In his spare time he enjoys playing squash and golf.
Dr. Bernstein's Postoperative Rehabilitation / Physical Therapy Protocols
- Achilles Tendon Repair Rehabilitation Protocol
- ACL Rehabilitation Protocol
- Arthroscopic Acromioplasty Rehabilitation Protocol
- Arthroscopic Anterior Shoulder Stabilization Rehabilitation Protocol for Physical Therapy
- Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair Rehabilitation Protocol
- Arthroscopic Partial Medial Meniscectomy Rehabilitation Protocol
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Rehabilitation Protocol for Physical Therapy
- Arthroscopic SLAP Repair Rehabilitation Protocol
- Open Reduction Internal Fixation of the Ankle Rehabilitation Protocol
Dr. Bernstein's Instructions after Surgery
- Postoperative Instructions Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Postoperative Instructions Following Meniscal Debridement or Repair
- Postoperative Instructions Following Shoulder Arthroscopy
5530 Wisconsin Ave, Ste 1660
Chevy Chase, Maryland, MD 20815
Phone: (301) 657-9876
Fax: (301) 657-9876